About Tom Kunse
- Born in Pontiac 1970
- Family Moved to Clare 1972
- Graduated Clare High School 1989
- Graduated Michigan Tech, Mechanical Engineering 1994
- Started Northern Dry Bulk 1994
- Married Janet 1998. We have two children: Natalee and Cristian, both are in college.
- Graduated CMU, Master’s Degree in Nuclear Physics 2010
- Elected to Grant Township 2020
- Husband, Father, Christian, Coach, Volunteer, Job Creator.
My wife and I have been small business owners for 28 years. I’ve learned that nothing is better for the community than good paying jobs. I am proud that we have been blessed to grow to over 50 employees.
I will be representing Clare, Osceola and Mecosta counties
- Pro Life
- Fiscally Conservative – People can manage their lives better than a well-intentioned government official. Small government is better for us and our children’s future.
- Tom actively searches out the local officials who understand and deal with the daily issues that affect our lives.
- Balanced decision maker. Can listen to all sides of an issue, but still fight for what he believes.
- Promote Skilled Trades: This is the path for our area kids to good paying jobs.
- Election Integrity: Photo ID should be required to vote.
- Small Local government. Let’s keep Lansing out of our daily lives.
- I’m working with the Township Board that I am on to expand internet service to our entire community. I will continue to push for Broadband access when elected.
- Lifetime member of the Clare Rod & Gun Club
- Longtime Supporter of 4-H
- Tutor at Clare High School
- Coached over 40 youth teams (Little league, soccer, basketball, hockey) – and enjoyed every season.
- MHSAA Basketball Official
- USA Hockey Official
- Clare County Republicans
- Michigan Professional Fire Fighters Union
- Michigan Chamber of Commerce
- Right to Life of Michigan
- Congressman John Moolenaar
- Police Officers Association of Michigan
- Michigan Health Choice Alliance
- Speaker of the House, Jason Wentworth
- Representative Roger Hauck
- Clare County Sheriff John Wilson
Why Vote For Tom
- Tom has the experience of operating a business, where fiscal responsibility is required for success. There is no “government money” there is only “tax payer” money. He will bring that responsibility to Lansing.
- Active community member.
- Tom works with a broad range of people every day.
- He is a Problem Solver.
- Tom believes that we have a right to own firearms.
- Long time sportsman. Loves to fish, hunt, camp.